Thursday, May 10, 2012

Just doing our Irish jig! By: Kendall

Today was a travel day...hate to disappoint all you loyal fans who check the blog religiously everyday (I think that description only includes our parents and...ourselves), but today wasn't that interesting for the first half. We got up at 6 am so we could catch the bus to leave our beloved country BFE town of Glemcolumkille and went to Galway. We bus hopped there and just enjoyed the view out the window. We got to Galway and stuck our stuff in our hostel and went out to the "inner circle". We got some lunch. The soup we got was good but Riley got this cheese sandwich that was literally two prices of white bread with a slice of plain cheddar cheese in it. Haha following that, we romped around the cobble stone roads and looked inside some shops and also purchased the most delicious candy bars in the world!!! Shout out to Cami Gallacher for introducing these to me!! Kinder Bueno bars are the greatest chocolate candies in the WORLD!!!!! There was a 3 pack deal so we obviously each bought a 3pack! I think I might throw away one of my 2 shirts so I can make room for these suckers in the bag to bring home!!! Anyways..more on food: Avery and I discovered the most delicious shake shop!!!!!! I got a nutella and banana shake and Ave got an Oreo shake that apparently was delicious but Riley and I have been avoiding eating and drinking anything that Avery and Nicole even breathe on because they are sick and Riley and I are trying avoid catching the black plague while we're romping around the continent! We continued to peek around in shops and window shop and reorganized our stuff in the hostel for a bit, and then we left to hit the town! We were directed to a pub that was supposed to be really yummy but it was a bit too price for us, so we decided to stay on the hint! We ended up finding this cool traditional place that had nothing less than LAMB STEW!!!!! So of course we went in there and got the most delicious meal ever! We were fully stuffed when we finished and set out to find a hopping pub scene...and boy did we find it! A pub that had 5 fiddlers and a banjo and an accordionist! The place was packed and there was only standing room and there was even lady who was there playing that apparently is a Irish legend! The bar tender got everyone's attention and told everyone to be quiet, and what comes booming from the bar? But a big bald man's voice wearing a muscle tee singing a ballad about his childhood and a girl he loved in a garden! It was straight out of the movie Tangled! It was hysterical and so awesome! I didn't think the night could get any better, but out of nowhere a drunk old man grabbed my arm and spun me around and we danced! I danced with an old drunk Irish man in a pub in Galway! Who would've ever guessed! Hahah we continued to pub hop for a bit and found a pub where they were setting up for live music. It ended up being western American music and I was sure I was back in America with the sheriff and people wearing spurs! But I wasn't..instead I watched Avery and Nicole dance like crazy people as Riley and I were laughing our heads off! Needless to say, it turned out to be a great day!...just as everyday thus far has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment